"If you were stuck on a desert island and you could only listen to ten tracks what would they be?"
I couldn't possibly decide on ten tracks so here's just a list of cool songs. =D
Daft Punk – Aerodynamic
French house legends Daft Punk are clearly influenced by electronic music pioneer Wendy Carlos in this track. Classic arpeggios and Moog synthesizers play a huge part in this piece and add nicely to the retro vibe of the album.
Röyksopp – Eple
Melody A.M has to be their best ever album; it’s so chilled out and easy to listen to. Put this on in a dark room and just lose yourself, chill out and drift away for a while.
Skrillex - scary monsters and nice sprites
This is a prime example of keeping music fun, from the clearly visible video game influences to the sample ripped from the cult YouTube video.
HIM - Acoustic Funeral
The only rock track on this list. This band changed the way I looked at music in general and made me pick up my first instrument (the Bass Guitar). Pretty soon after that I moved onto playing other instruments and started listening to other styles of music that I would have overlooked in the past.
Deadmau5 – I Remember
A nice chilled out house track; Deadmau5 has always been a favourite of mine. I Remember is probably my favourite Deadmau5 track to date (and there’s a lot of competition).
Gorillaz – Tomorrow Comes Today
Marking the end of the 1990s the Gorillaz made their debut with their self titled album. This whole album oozes with nostalgia but I think this track is probably my favourite from their debut.
Mr Scruff – Sweet Smoke
Scruffs’ studio work is pretty creative. Sampling his own instruments, vinyl and synths (Or whatever he can get his hands on) and then completely mashing them up to make some truly funky tunes.
VNV Nation – Nemesis
Much more underground than the other tracks that I’ve chosen. I guess that VNV nation are responsible for giving me that push towards dance music.
Chemical brothers - Let Forever Be
This is electronic music at its finest. The track features vocals from Noel Gallagher of Oasis. The drum beat is very similar to the Beatles song Tomorrow Never Knows.
Tubeway Army – Are ‘Friends’ Electric?
There’s nothing like a bit of synthpop to lighten your day and the early Gary Numan stuff will do the job just nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment