Tuesday, 5 July 2011

I've got to admit that it's taken Facebook quite a while to release an official iPad app.

I've got to admit that it's taken Facebook quite a while to release an official iPad app. Considering that social networking is one of the main attractions to using portable devices it seems almost lazy that Facebook have ignored the iPad for so long.

The first iPad was released in April 2010 and now the apple iPad had moved onto the second generation model. There are even rumours circulating the Internet about a third generation iPad to be released this fall.

Because Facebook has failed to release an official iPad app until it has given the third party developers a chance to step in and fill this gap.

Since I brought my iPad I have perchased two different third party Facebook clients to use on my device buy sadly both of them were very disappointing and suffered from a few annoying software bugs.

If Facebook have indeed been working on this app in secret then hopefully we can expect a top quality platform that puts all of those third party developers to shame.

I hope to see that Facebook have worked hard to give their iPad users a good Facebook experience and not just a high quality port of their iPhone app with a few added features.

Various fourms and blogs are stating that we can expect to see a Facebook iPad app hit the app store next week but as of yet I have not seen an actual confirmation from Facebook itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment