I think this was one of the first music apps that I brought for my phone. It’s fun to play and it sounds great. BeBot is a little robot that plays Theremin-like sounds; the grid is pitch locked so that you can set it to a musical scale and whatever you play will be perfectly in key. Price - £1.19
9 – Angry Birds
Angry Birds is somewhat of a modern classic. I think everyone that has an iPhone should get this game. For just 59p you can sit and throw birds at weird little green pigs with a catapult. The designers of this game have got the difficulty level just right, it’s not so hard that you give up straight away but at the same time it’s not so easy that you will complete it in five miniutes. Price -£0.59
This is the perfect app for wasting time. It’s so simple yet so hard to put it down, I’ve been guilty of playing Doodle Jump for up to three hours straight with no break (It’s that bad). Price -£0.59
I’ve only recently downloaded this app but I’ve had my eye on it for quite some time. FunkBox is a drum machine app that has some pretty cool features. I love drum machines so this app has quickly become a nice little addition to the collection. I particularly like the email feature; when I’ve come up with a cool little beat I can quickly record it and email it to myself. I can then put the loop into my sequencer on my PC and mess around with it further. It’s a nice little idea starter. Price -£1.79
6 – The Guardian
Every iPhone user needs a news app. It helps you to keep track with what’s happening in the world and allows you to read from your favourite writers. I brought this particular news app because of the arts and entertainment section as well as two of my favourite celebrity writers (David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker). I know that I can read all of the stuff on the Guardian site for free but the small price tag on this app is completely worth it. Price -£2.39
The old Sonic the Hedgehog games are probably my favourite series
of all time. When Sega announced that they were releasing Sonic the Hedgehog 4 I was so happy. I brought it as soon as it hit the app store and played it for weeks. However there are a few things in this new addition that bug me; the Physics in the game are not the sample as the originals which made getting use to it a little tricky but as soon as you get over that it’s an amazing game. The only thing that really bothered me was that on release I paid about £6 for this game and now it’s pretty much half that price. I’m sure I’ve had my Money’s worth though. Price -£3.99
Moog are giants in the synthesizer world, they hav
e made some of the world’s most loved machines and pretty much invented electronic music altogether. But if you wish to own any of their equipment you can expect to pay a pretty penny. I was surprised to find that the Filtatron app was going for only a few pounds in the app store so I had to have it. Price - £2.99
3 – TechnoBox
Acid! The Tr-808, Tr-909 and Tb-303 are reproduced in this app with outstanding quality. I can spend hours with this app, it’s just memorizing. The TB-303 clone on this thing uses the same engine as the ABL-2 plugin from AudioRealism and it comes very close to the original. Get this now and start making some funky Acid jams. Price -£2.99
2- Twitter
I use twitter all of the time so I think this app deserves a spot near the top. The official iPhone twitter app is presented beautifully with all of the features that you’d ever need. Need to tell the world what you’re up to? Then go and grab the official Twitter app and get tweeting. Price -Free
Hipstamatic is my all time favourite app. I use this thing religiously, taking snaps of anything and everything that I can think of. The app is based on an old toy camera and has exchangeable lenses, films and flashes. Just by simply switching the lens you can change the feel of the picture completely. There are also quite a few extra Hipstapacks available as in app purchases and a randomise feature to shake things up a bit. You can take a picture of anything with this app and it will look amazing. Price -£1.19
No comments:
Post a Comment